Call of Duty 2
Popular World War II shooter video game
- Category Action
- Program license Trial version
- Size 687.56 MB
- Works under: Windows XP / Windows 2000 / Windows Vista
- Program available in English
- Program by Activision
This Call of Duty 2 demo lets you try out a sample of the full game before you waste money on a copy.
Have you ever bought a game because the trailer looked great and later found out that the game had some serious flaws? Playing a shorter or longer demo up front lets you see what the characters and backgrounds look like, how the action plays out, and even how well you like the game before spending any of your hard-earned money. Once you try this Call of Duty 2 demo, you'll immediately want to buy the full game.
Like the first game in the series, Call of Duty 2 takes place during World War II. The game sends you to Europe and asks you to battle the evil Germans trying to take over the land. You must react quickly to the action taking place on the screen and find the right weapons. As the game doesn't do a very good job of showing you how to use each weapon, there is a steep learning curve. It can take a few tries before you get through the first mission.
Despite coming out in 2005, the graphics in this game are competitive when compared to modern entries in the franchise. You may not even realize how old the game really is until you get to the later levels. The sound effects combined with the exciting graphics will make you feel like you're right there on the battlefield.
As with other games in the COD franchise, this one relies a little too much on the artificial intelligence featured in the game. While those characters are part of your team and should help you, they do not necessarily respond the way you would like. During certain scenes, those characters may even lead to your early and untimely death. You'll also find yourself dealing with AI enemies that can keep going and fighting for minutes after multiple shots to the head.
Though the AI isn't great, COD 2 is a pretty exciting game. It doesn't quite match up to the excitement of the newer COD games, but it's one of the best WWII games for beginners and expert players. This demo will let you try one of the early levels and see if you want to buy the full version.
- Recreates the excitement of a World War II battlefield
- Features an exciting demo level of the full game
- Showcases different weapons that you can find around the level
- Amazing graphics that are competitive with modern games
- Challenging enough for long-time COD players
- AI teammates often get in your way
- AI enemies can keep going after suffering wounds
- Has a steep learning curve
- Some weapons are harder to use than others
- Keyboard controls are occasionally frustrating